Last Updated December 3, 2012
for Nonprofit Success (“Mission Capital
website (collectively the “Site”), as well as the services available through our Site (collectively, the “Services”), which are owned and operated by Mission Capital
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Certain areas and features of our Site and Services may require registration. To register as a Member you must provide your name, company name and email address. You will also be asked to create a unique user name and a password. In order to process your payments (e.g., your membership fee), we also collect your credit or debit card number, billing address and other information necessary to process your payment. In addition, we may collect certain optional information from you, including your contact information, work history and background, nonprofit affiliations, and interests, among other information.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, embedded web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. Through these data collection tools, we collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type, operating system and language, access times, your domain name, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Site or use our Services, and the referring URL or webpage that led you to our Site.
Information We Collect About Your Site Activities.
We may also collect information about your activities on our Site, such as the information or comments you post to the Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
How We Share Your Information
- To process your payments.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To communicate with you and send you information we believe may be of interest to you. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
Unless we get your specific consent, Mission Capital
will not disclose your personal information to others, except as described below:
- Mission Capital Members. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including without limitation reviews, comments, text, and any other information you share on the Site will be available to and searchable by other Site members and visitors.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. Mission Capital retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist Mission Capital with marketing and communication initiatives.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Where Required by Law. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
In addition, we may freely share aggregate and de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
§ Session Cookies
. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
§ Persistent cookies
. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics.
cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Your Marketing Choices
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail, or by emailing us at email@example.com
– be sure to include your name, email and specific information about the type of Mission Capital
communications that you no longer wish to receive.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
has implemented commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. For example, where appropriate, Mission Capital
uses password protection, firewalls, internal restrictions on who may access data, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at http://501community.org/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice by highlighting the change on our Site, or by emailing you at your email address of record with us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or via telephone at 1-512-477-5955. You may also write to us at:
8303 N. MoPac Expy.
Austin, Texas 78759